Standards of Conduct for Business: Tackling Discrimination against LGBTI people is an unprecedented set of global standards to support the business community in tackling discrimination against lesbian, gay, bi, trans and intersex people.
Produced with the Institute for Human Rights and Business and launched in 2017, the Standards build on the UN Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights. They reflect the input of hundreds of companies across diverse sectors, featuring case studies and best practices.
The 5 Standards
- RESPECT the human rights of their LGBTI workers, customers and members of the public
- ELIMINATE workplace discrimination against LGBTI employees
- SUPPORT LGBTI staff at work
- PREVENT discrimination and related abuses against LGBTI customers, suppliers and distributors—and insist that business partners do the same
- STAND UP for the human rights of LGBTI people in the communities where they do business
more about the Standards
Standards of Conduct for Tackling Discrimination against LGBTI people
Join the growing list of company supporters
We are working with the
Partnership for Global LGBTI Equality to raise awareness of the UN Standards of Conduct for Business Tackling Discrimination against Lesbian, Gay, Bi, Trans, and Intersex People.
More than 260 companies worldwide have expressed support of the Standards. To view the growing list of companies, and to get your company added to the list, visit the
Partnership for Global LGBTI Equality website.