Call for submission – Visit to Japan, 12 to 19 February 2020
The United Nations Special Rapporteur on the elimination of discrimination against persons affected by leprosy and their family members, Ms. Alice Cruz, will undertake an official country visit to Japan from 12 to 19 February 2020, to examine in situ questions related to the human rights of persons affected by leprosy and their family members.
In this context, the Special Rapporteur is looking for information related to her mandate, amongst others:
- Identification of the manifestations of discrimination against persons affected by leprosy and their family members as well as other relevant issues such as preservation of history, reparation measures, healthcare of foreign born cases and international cooperation.
- Identification of stakeholders including authorities and civil society to meet with;
- Key issues and challenges faced in the implementation of the international and regional legal framework on leprosy and disabilities;
- Good practices aimed at promoting the protection of the human rights of persons affected by leprosy and their family members, including legal or administrative measures and awareness-raising activities,
- Any other pertinent information that you consider to be relevant for the visit of the Special Rapporteur.
Please feel free to send any written material (in English, French or Spanish) to firstname.lastname@example.org
Your contribution will be kept