Call for inputs on upcoming country visit to Tunisia by the Independent Expert
The Independent Expert on protection against violence and discrimination based on sexual orientation and gender identity is collecting information in preparation of his visit to Tunisia tentatively scheduled to take place in June 2021.
In accordance with the established practice of mandate-holders, the Independent Expert welcomes all relevant submissions that LGBT organizations and other stakeholders may wish to transmit for his consideration in preparation of his visit, such as:
- Recent analytical reports or surveys on LGBT people in Tunisia;
- Information on the policy, programmes and legal framework with respect to protection against violence and discrimination based on sexual orientation and gender identity;
- Priority issues/concerns and situations that warrant the attention of the Independent Expert;
- Suggestions on issues to examine and related places to visit;
- Suggestions on Government officials and civil society actors to meet in different regions in relation to suggested places to visit.
Kindly submit information by
30 April 2021 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate "2021 Visit to Tunisia" in the subject heading of the email submission.
Please read the background note
for more information on the visit to Tunisia.